K4I seeks the services of a suitably qualified designer to assist in the professional design and printing of items for a variety of audiences i.e. government, academia, the public and industry (the private sector).
Particularly, the designer needs to have capabilities in the following areas:
- Experience in graphic design for a variety of audiences. (Portfolio of work to be provided including reference contact details.)
- Understanding and experience of plain language graphic design. (This will be discussed during the interview process.)
- Experience in creating infographics is useful. (Examples to be provided.)
- Access to a network of digital and lithography printers so that the most cost-effective solution can be found. (Please provide details on the printers as well as the percentage that you mark up – for project management – on print work.)
- Experience in successfully managing printing work. Flexibility with quick turnaround times would be an advantage. (Process to be provided including timelines and handling of printing costs.)
- In-house capability to do final proofing/ proofreading.
- A proven process that ensures projects are handled in a timely manner – deadlines need to be managed effectively with a schedule of planned publication dates and a clear understanding of the publishing process.
- Able to take very specific direction and work within various paradigms eg plain language, academic environment, online etc.
- While the aim is to have ongoing deadlines and plans, there will be times when collateral is needed urgently. It would be very favourable if the publishing partner can respond quickly to urgent items.
The selected designer would work in collaboration with and report to the Research Administrator on other related activities, including advertisements, direct marketing campaigns, and various communications material.
Note that after the initial selection stage, there will be an interview process.
Proposals must be submitted to Nkoskhona Msweli, K4I Research Administrator, and should include:
- Proposal with the implementation plan (Note that this is for a period of one year and includes material needed during that time. Please provide a design rate per hour. Please also provide your percentage mark-up on print work.)
- Examples of previous work (as described above)
Please refer to UNISA General Terms and Conditions for suppliers.
Deadline for submission is Sunday 11 August 2019 extended to Wednesday 28 August 2019 at 17h00.